Saturday, January 08, 2005

Cranium, Incredibles, and More!

Today, Girly and I went to see The Incredibles, and it was awesome. It has proudly upheld the Pixar tradition of movies I love. I know that they can't keep making amazing movies forever, but every time they do, I'm a little happier.

I also bought 2 CDs: Shania Twain Greatest Hits, and Afterglow Live by Sarah McLachlan. The first is one of the few greatest hits albums that I think chose the right songs, and the second I bought a) because I generally like Sarah McLachlan a lot, and b) Push. That song is incredible, and I think it'll probably be one of my favourite songs of the year, unless this year is incredible.

At Girly's, we played board games. We started with Articulate, which is basically like the British cousin of Taboo. A lot of fun. We then moved on to Cranium, which is excellent. Honestly, it's one of the few truly original board games I've seen. We had 8 people playing, making four teams of two. My team won (wooo!) after coming back from waaaay behind. I'd like to add that we were behind not because we were bad at the game, but because we only moved one space each dice roll for six turns in a row. Anyhow, in the end, our superior skill won out. Heh, not really, we got lucky too. But it's a great game. Playdough in a boardgame! Who would think of that?!

No comments: