Monday, January 17, 2005

Whip Out The Galoshes

Well, until this morning, the view outside my window was something akin to a winter wonderland. A few days stale, with that ice crust forming, but still, it was white on roofs and lawns all over the city. And it was quiet outside.

This morning I woke up to rain. Loud, heavy rain hitting the roof outside my window. I was conscious engough to think "uh oh, this is going to be ugly" as I looked out the window, and it was. It was gray, with bits of slushy translucent white seeping all over the ground. Ech. Bye Winter Wonderland. Hello water-filled streets and overflowing sewer grates. Thank god our house is on top of a hill.

The weekend was interesting. Friday night I went to watch movies with two friends. We ended up seeing Along Came Polly, which was actually pretty funny, even though I thought it was going to be There's Something About Mary-esque (a movie I despised). Saturday was a surprise party for T, and Sunday, I played futsal (indoor soccer) and had training for a job. I scored a goal in futsal! I never score goals. It was a little fluke-y, as I was actually too close to the ball, so instead of being able to kick it, it basically bounced off my pelvis. I'm sure there's a dirty joke in there somewhere. But the point is, I scored! Woo!

Alright, time to venture out in the rain, so I can get some studying done. Ech.

1 comment:

Evi said...

stupid rain, everything was clogged up today and the bus loops were all funny so it took me an hour to get home!