Sunday, September 05, 2004

I Am So Proud of Myself!

Do you want to know why?

Because I went to Ikea today, with the lovely Tessa, and when we came out, I'd only bought the things I'd said I was going to buy. I have never gone to Ikea without being seduced by the cute little $1.50 candleholders, or pretty $4 pillows, or some other beautiful and cheap objects. But today, I went to buy nice storage things, like baskets and nice boxes, and that's all I came out with! I'm so impressed with myself. Also, I came out within budget. I had $52.81 in my wallet, and the bill? $52.62. It was awesome. And I have places to put things!

I was also planning to get these big baskets that could go under my bed, because they're covered, so dust would stay out, and they look nice. Then I measured the height under my bed. 12 cm. 12. Nothing fits in 12 cm! You need at least 15-16 cm. That was pretty frustrating. Then, angered, this horrible suspicion crept into my mind. So I went and measured the space under my parents' bed, and my brother's bed. They have 20 cm. I so got the shaft. Anyway, Amanda, Anna and I, at Girls' Games Night last night, hatched a plan to prop my bed frame up a little. So when I get on that, I can go back, and get the big under-bed baskets. And then, finally, I can take over the world.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

No comments: