Monday, September 06, 2004

Sloth, Or Doing Holidays Right

I am a firm believer that holidays should not be wasted. Holidays are beautiful things, days when even the government and businesses (with the exception of retail) say, relax, sleep in, have some fun. Now, I've pretty much been on holiday since April, but this, as an official holiday, is special. And I rang it in with admirable laziness.

So as Tessa already wrote, she came over to watch some TV last night. She had to work in the morning, so she left at 10. That's pretty much when the interesting television ends on a Sunday anyhow, so it worked out well. I walked her to the door, and promptly returned to the couch, where I started to doze off. Under other circumstances, I would have happily just slept on the couch (it's really comfortable), but I still had my contacts in, and I hate the gross sticky feeling of dry contacts, not to mention the pain that comes when you take the dry sticky contacts out. So upstairs I went.

My room was a disaster area. I'm still in the middle of the overhaul, so everything is in random 'piles' that supposedly reflect their category. Also, I finally vacuumed everything, which meant everything that was normally on the floor was now on my bed. The plan had been to finish the cleaning after the TV shows, but I was too tired, so I just moved everything back to the floor, brush teeth etc, and flopped into bed. At 10:20. And I just got up. I got twelve hours of sleep people! After almost a month of 4-5 hours, tops, twelve! So my new cure for insomnia? Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Not the original Extreme Makeover. That stuff makes nightmares.

So, I've slept in, I may go shopping later today, and I'm having dim sum in half an hour! Yay! I really need to get dressed. Happy Labor Day, y'all!

No comments: