Thursday, September 09, 2004

Recruitment, Anyone?

I got to sleep in today. It was beautiful. After watching yesterday's Oprah (re-broadcast this morning) with a mug of tea, I am back to the relaxed state I was in before school started up again. Definitely going to be part of my routine this year.

One thing I do heartily enjoy about the beginning of the school year is the plethora of free stuff we're given. I have enough coupons to eat for half price for the next three months, which is always exciting to a food addict like myself. I was also given coupons for a tanning salon, photocopying center, and 50% off hair colour, but I gave those away, as they aren't really useful to me. It's really all about the food.

I am however feeling the pinch money-wise. My Visa bill has exploded in the past few days, due to textbooks (vastly over-priced), so I've got to pay that off sometime soon. Luckily, I won't have time to spend any money in the near future, as my schedule has been predetermined for me by others. Care to hear? Of course you do. Here goes;

Today: Lunch, class, friend's birthday tonight.
Tomorrow: Class, then I get to see Girly!
Saturday: Sorority Retreat, from 11 am onward.
Sunday: First day of Formal Recruitment (eek!).
Tuesday: Recruitment
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Recruitment, recruitment, recruitment, recruitment.

Yeah, lots of recruitment. I am going to be so tired. More on that another time.

(Note: Any girls at UBC interested in seeing what sororities are all about, check out ubcsororities.com. You may be pleasantly surprised. Oh, and guys should check out ubcgreeks.com.)

No comments: