Sunday, October 31, 2004

Guess What I Did...

So, yesterday ended up being a wicked day. After the soccer game, me and T were going to go to the library, but we decided since it was beautiful outside, we were obligated to enjoy the sun. So we went shopping instead.

We headed down to Robson, met with another friend, and the three of us just wandered around. We actually did have a mission in mind; I, for one, need a pair of shoes. The only wearable shoes I have right now is a pair of Aldo clogs that are really comfortable and nice, but what with the lack of a heel, are not useful when it rains. All my other shoes have holes in them, one pair to the point that you can see my socks when I wear them! I also wanted to find a winter coat, to cash in on my birthday present from my parents. T wanted a bunch of stuff (shoes, hoodies, etc.) and our friend was just along for the ride. We looked at shoes first, and I've decided that not only are shoes vastly overpriced, but most of them make my feet look weird. T did find shoes, but sadly, I'm still in the market. I did find a completely elegant watch in Guess?. I tried to find a picture of it online, but I got nothin, so I'll have to try to describe it. It's a really classy, timeless watch (forgive the pun), silver link strap, round face with a slightly pearlized white-gray face and silver hands. It's beautiful and I love it, and as an added bonus came with a ten-year warranty.

Now, T, for years, has gone earring-less. She'd been talking about how she wanted to get them pierced, so I suggested she do it while we were downtown. T was wavering in indecision, while we (us other two) kept trying to ascertain if she wanted to. And admittedly, try to convince her to, because we both knew it'd be really flattering for her. She finally came to the conclusion that she was just scared, so she should do it. Unfortunately, our friend had to leave to work, but T and I headed to Claire's Accessories to get it done.

While she was looking at the various earring options, I started to think about how I'd always wanted to have a second earring in one ear (I think you're possibly seeing where this is going now). I've wanted one ever since somewhere around grade 9, which means for the past seven years, but I never mentioned it to anyone. I think I had some weird delusion about the earring, my image, and how much people would like me (remember highschool, everyone?). But I've always wanted it, and I thought "well, seven years is a pretty long time to have not gotten over this. I may as well get it." So I did. And I love it. It's not as noticeable as T's, as she had no piercings, but it's there, a tiny little cubic zirconia, and it's really pretty. T looks utterly lovely with her little zirconias; we were both left wondering why the hell she hadn't gotten it done earlier. Judging from her reaction yesterday, she'll spend some time at the mirror marveling at the pretty, and some of it trying to assure herself they aren't off-center (T, they are not off-center. That's why it took you twenty five minutes of dot-placement before you actually let her pierce the ears). Mine, I sometimes barely notice, and that's exactly how I wanted it. I really really like it, and I'm still so glad I got it. That'll probably be it, piercing-wise though. I may consider getting an analogous one on my other ear, but I'm not too into the whole bodypiercing thing.

Anyhow, we moved on from Claire's all excited about our new jewelry, right into Jacob, where I found The Coat. Jacob has no online store at all, so there can be no link to my beautful coat. It's black, very nicely cut, and it has I guess what you could call a soldier's collar; not like a suit or button-up shirt, it goes around my neck. I tried it on, and loved it, and therefore The Coat (which was most reasonably-priced) became My Coat.

Awesome day. Bet you wouldn't have guessed about the earring!

P.S. Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: