Saturday, October 09, 2004

Laundry Day

This morning, having finally gotten my head out of the psychology midterm vortex, I realized that I have basically no clean clothing. See, normally my mom does the laundry, not because I wouldn't do it on my own, but because when I try, I'm told "It's a waste to do just your laundry. Do everyone's at once, don't waste time or water." And then when I do actually get to do the laundry, I hear "You're doing it wrong. Move over."

But my parents are still in Austria. And what with the mad studying, I haven't been at all keeping track of my clothing supply. So, this morning, I've been doing laundry. Lots of it. Which in itself is not a problem. However, the day my parents left, our dryer broke. So, while I have lots of clean clothes, I have no dry clothes. And our house looks a lot like that scene in Beauty and the Beast where the wardrobe explodes while attacking the village mob. Clothes drying everywhere.

Which, incidentally, isn't actually all that unusual, as my mom generally considers our dryer to also be 'a waste'. She did however, use the dryer for sheets, towels, and socks, which get a weird stiff feeling if they don't dry while being agitated. I personally would use them for my jeans too, but they don't pass the dryer-necessity test (possibly because my mom doesn't wear jeans), but the one time I can do my own laundry, putting my jeans in the dryer isn't even an option. So, no dry clothes for me. Which is a shame, because I have this M.A.C. girls' night thing where I get a makeover, and then we're going for drinks, and dammit, I'm going to take advantage of the hotness!

Gotta find me some clothes...

No comments: