Friday, October 22, 2004

Yesterday (and Today, Too)

Other than the exam, I had an awesome birthday yesterday. People came over, and we just chilled, talked, and ate cake. I got some very pretty birthday cards (thanks Anna, Mo, Evi, Jessie, Jo, and Girly!), a gorgeous pair of earrings (thanks Alex!), and a giraffe and toucan. That first is a stuffed animal, and the second is a balloon, those metallic kinds that stay inflated forever (thanks Girly!). The giraffe doesn't have a name yet, but he is awesome, and a perfect size to sleep with. Karen and Tiff came by, and Karen brought me a gorgeous gold dress (it really is pretty, but if I try to describe it it will sound like horror, so you'll just have to take my word for it) that I'm going to wear to POP tomorrow!

Today, I woke up with that dry chapped feeling in my throat. I am NOT keen on getting sick, and therefore not terribly impressed. However, I got to have lunch with Girly (mmm...all you can eat sushi/dim sum), and got a new journal, and a new shirt that is pink, and pretty.

Tonight, Jo and Tamara gave me a birthday present, and it's really pretty! It's an adorable little writing set, to put on my desk. I also got a birthday card from Hilary, but I didn't get a chance to read it, because it got cleaned up by some of the girls (sorority event tonight), and I have no idea where the card, or the present, went! I'm actually a little upset. I'm sure they'll pop up, but I want my birthday presents!

Heh, I'm a whiner.

No comments: