Thursday, October 28, 2004

Reunions, Panini, And Other Such Ramblings

This morning I got to see Shakey, an alumnae sister who is incredible. Honestly, a ridiculously amazing woman. And an extremely good listener, to boot. It was great seeing her after so long (she was living in China for a while), but I wish she wasn't leaving again.

We went to lunch at the Citrus Cafe, a tiny little place on Bute St. It was really good! I had a turkey panini, with spinach, pesto and mozzarella. Paninis are amazing. Other sandwiches wept the day paninis arrived. And I don't mean the fastfood imitation, either. I mean the kind that are made with the incredible fresh bread, melted cheese oozing out, and veggies inside that are still crisp. It was delicious. And extremely filling.

After seeing Shakey, I went to class. I have to say, so far I'm not a huge fan of speech perception. I'm one of the few people I know that actually likes my Language Psyc course, but we've just started the speech perception part of the course, and I don't find it nearly as interesting as the previous sections. Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me.

Definitely time for me to go get dessert. My mummy baked cinnamon buns! Mmmm.

No comments: