Saturday, October 02, 2004

Superstore Seduction

That should so be the title of a romance novel. My story however, holds no romance whatsoever. Except for the eternal romance between myself and brie cheese. My parents, as I previously mentioned, are in Austria, and Greg and I have exhausted our house's supply of food, so we decided to go to The Great Canadian Superstore. Let's just say that when Greg and I grow up and have families, will not be responsible for the family grocery shopping. This was our haul;

655 g sour patch kids
645 g sour keys
495 g fuzzy peaches
2 boxes lemon tea
toiletpaper
2 bottle 'POM' pomegranate juice (I am a Queer Eye WHORE, people)
5 cans 'pulp-free' orange concentrate (my brother rebelling against the pulp)
1 bag Lays chips (Greg's)
2 bags Miss Vickies chips (mine, sadly)
1 wheel brie cheese (we do battle over this one, but it is an entire wheel)
16 bottles koala springs soft drink
20 bottles IRN-BRU soft drink (if you don't know what it is, you're missing out)
5 bottles assorted soft drinks we've never actually had, but thought we'd try 'just for the heck of it'
Goat cheese
Swiss cheese
3.78L Ocean Spray Ruby Red Cocktail (amazingly good, and I can pretend it's healthy)
1 jar Nutella (again, if you don't know it, check it out and learn to love it)
1 O Magazine (mine)
1 InStyle Magazine (mine too)
1 'Laughs' Archie and Friends Double Digest (Greg's. Heh.)

Yep, we're a healthy pair, the two of us. We must be genetic freaks.

In other news, I clobbered the hell out of my head this morning. Walked outside into the corner of an open window. There was a visible dent in my forehead, but it started bleeding, and the scab covered it entirely. Super attractive, I know. Hurt like hell too. Ech, I hate pointless injuries that result from my own stupidity. Luckily I can go drown my sorrows in IRN-BRU, Koala, and sour keys. Woo!

Heh. All that shopping, and we still have nothing for dinner.

2 comments:

Evi said...

Nice. I am such a sucker too at superstore...
Last time I went with Iain and my mom and we bought an excess of chocolate, a huge wedge of gouda, no two actually, my mom got the coolest $8 purse that I am going to steal (he he) and I got some really cool underwear (one pair bright red, and what I think are supposed to be paul frank knock offs, big monkey face on the front and with bright yellow outline, they are so cool!) By the time I remembered that I had wanted Irn Bru we were walking out the door...sigh. :)

Anonymous said...

Koala Springs?!?!!? I have no idea who you are, and I'm down here in the US of A and was scouring the internet to find out if this beverage still existed. Your page is the only one I found with a concrete reference to it still being in existence. It must only be in canada! I grew up in Washington and used to drink it all the time...man you guys have some of the best stuff in Canada that we don't have. Like Ketchup potato chips.

Well, I'm sorry for the random weird post. I'm 24/m/South Dakota, USA...and you can reach me at ccmiller@usd.edu if you have any suggestions as to how to get the koala goodness...